Praise the Lord our God for His mercy! The Governor has lifted several of his restrictions and has decreed that churches can reopen in June. Below are the guidelines for the worship:
– Starting this Sunday, June 7th, we will be switching the attention of the worship away from a camera-focused service to a congregation-focused service.
– Social distancing must be practiced, and children should stay with their families.
– Some pews will be roped off to best encourage social distancing
– We strongly encourage everyone to wear masks throughout the service.
– For those who do not wear masks throughout the service could you please sit in the quarter section of the church next to the choir loft.
– Bulletins will include all biblical texts and hymns, so pew Bibles and hymnals will not be necessary.
– There will be no Offering during the service, the plates will be on a table in the back.
– The Lord’s Supper will be with individually self-sealed cups, which will be placed on the back tables, with the bulletins, by someone wearing gloves and a mask.
– The congregation will be singing hymns as part of the service. (Again, we strongly encourage everyone to wear masks.)
– There will be no Children’s Messages, Greetings, Choir, Coffee Hour, Sunday School, Bible Studies, or Summer Church, at least through the summer.
– We ask there be no socializing in the building after church, especially in the Narthex and the walkways. Please socialize outside.
– Pastor Doug and Pastor Dan will be outside after the service, with a mask on, to chat with anyone in need.
– The balcony is closed.
– The sanctuary is cleaned after every service and studies have shown the virus cannot survive beyond 5 days, which is encouraging.
– Besides Sunday worship, only the Diaper Bank will meet at the church throughout the summer.
– If you have any concerns, especially those in a vulnerable demographic, please be safe and stay home.
– The service will be live-streamed, at least, through the summer.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or need assistance with anything, please contact Pastor Doug. Your prayers and patience during these troubling times are greatly appreciated.