Statement of Faith
- We believe there is only one living and true God, Creator of all things, infinite in wisdom, goodness and love, eternally existing in three persons, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.
(Ex 20:1-6; Deut 6:4; Ps 96:4-5; Matt 28:19; John 1:1; 2Cor 13:14)
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God and that they are the supreme authority in faith and life and absolutely trustworthy.
(Ps 119; Mark 13:31; John 10:35, 17:17; 2Pet 1:21; 2Tim 3:16-17; 1Thes 2:13)
- We believe that man and woman were created in the image of God, that they sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God and that we are all born with a sinful nature which mars God's image in us.
(Gen 1:26-27; 2:7; 3:1-24; Ezek 13:23; Rom 5:12; Eph 2:1-3; James 3:9)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is truly God and Man.
(Is 7:14; Matt 1:18, 23; Luke 1:30-35, 2:6-7,40; John 1:14; Phil 2:6-7; Heb. 1:2-5; 2:14)
- We believe that, out of love for us, the Lord Jesus Christ died to atone for our sins according to the Scriptures and that all who repent of sin and place their faith in Him alone are reconciled to God by His shed blood.
(Is 53:4-6; Mark 1:14-15; John 14:6; Rom 5:8; 6:23; 8:3; 1John 4:10; 1Pet 2:24-25)
- We believe that Christ rose from the dead and ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father to reign over all things.
(Luke 24:1-7; John 2:19-21; Acts 1:9; Heb 4:14; 10:11-13; Rev 1:17-18)
- We believe that all who repent of sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ, which is by grace alone, through faith alone, are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God and shall not come into condemnation and that the Lord Jesus Christ gives them everlasting life.
(John 1:12-13; 3:16-18,36; 5:24-29; 10:27-29; Acts 4:12; Rom 8:1, 9-12.15-17, 10:9-11;Gal 4:24-29; Eph 1:5; 1John 5:12-13)
- We believe that Christ has called all Christians into universal fellowship in His Church. This Church is made up of local congregations where members worship through Word and sacrament, are trained in discipleship and called to evangelize the world in charity.
(Matt 16:18-19; 18:17; John 17; Acts 2:42; 6:1-6; 20:28-32; 1Cor 10:1-14:40; Eph 5:21-32; 1Thes 5:12-13; 1Tim 3:1-16; 5:17-22; Heb 10:25; 1Pet 5:1-4)
- We believe that at The Last Day our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will return according to His promise and that He will judge the world, and the saved will receive the blessing of life in His eternal kingdom and that the lost will be eternally separated from God.
(Matt 25:31-46; Rom 8:35-39; 1Thes 4:13-17; Rev. 20:12-15,21,22-27)